The balcony greatly increased the seating capacity of the
Meeting House, a feature not included in the original structure.
Slaves and visitors were seated upstairs and there was no
charge to occupy a spot in the balcony.
Tradition tells us that much of the
turned work, as well as the windows, are from the 1730 Meeting
House. Note that there is no "altar" as the Calvinist of this
ilk practiced communion just once per year.